We had our childbirth class on 5/16 and it went smoother than expected. Jeremiah was a real trooper from the breathing practice to the labor videos. The tour of the labor and delivery room was nice. The room has a couch for Jeremiah and nice wood floors. It was much better from the pale green room that I had Triston in, 8 years ago. A lot has changed since I had little man. Now instead of keeping the baby in the nursery they pretty much make you “room in” with your baby which means Hannah will be in my room all day and night except for about 30 minutes of the day when the doctor is checking on her. I took advantage of the time in the hospital so I could rest after delivery from Triston but now it sounds like there will be no rest….
The hospital also promotes breastfeeding which will be nice. I spent all of 30 minutes with a lactation nurse when I had Triston but at this hospital they have a lactation specialist at the hospital 24 hours a day. I will definitely use this to my advantage!
Triston had his sibling class on 6/3. He was so excited to learn all about his new baby sister. Triston has had many concerns about the safety of the baby and my safety as well. I think that the thought of having his mommy in the hospital was a little too much for him. And with us miscarrying last summer he is worried that the baby won’t make it. I have tried to reassure him that I am past the delicate stage and that the baby is doing very well. We also had to talk about if something were to happen to me or the baby that we would be in heaven watching over him. This was definitely not a talk I thought I’d have with my 7 year old but I am glad that he feels comfortable asking me these questions. After his sibling class and the tour of the labor and delivery area he said that he was feeling better and not worried anymore. When I asked him what his favorite part of the sibling class was he said that is was riding in the elevator. You have to love his honesty!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment