I am so blessed to have a wonderful son! I watch kids that are rude and mean to others and thank God that I am blessed with such a caring, awesome young man. I've failed to update everyone on the things going on in Triston's life. Triston was awarded for his advanced reading at school and his good attendance. Just watching him receive his award and looking back at how much he has grown and learned just in a few years is an awesome experience. I would not trade being his mom for anything. Everyday he tells me how much he loves me and occasionally throws in comments like "You are the best mom ever!"
June 11th we celebrated Triston's 8th birthday. We had a slumber party with five 8 year old boys. Most of the boys were awesome except for one (there is always one...). After the party was over Triston tells me that he doesn't want that boy to come over anymore. When I asked him why he said "because he was not nice to you." Not many 8 year olds would notice how their parents are treated but he did. Other than the one kid, we all had a blast at his party. The boys had a water ballon fight, pizza and brownies for dinner, and then pretty much had run of the house. They played the Wii, Playstation, ran around shooting the new nerf guns and whatever else their imaginations came up with.
It's amazing how quick he has grown up. I remember how excited I was when he said his first word "Momma" and took his first steps when he was in my office. Those are moments that I will hold on to forever! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to watch this young man grow and learn new things. Thank you God for this wonderful boy you have given me!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He gets all this from his Aunt Kristy...
I remember the first time he peed on me such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment